iRIS is a collaborative simulation authoring platform to support the development of high quality content in line with the latest ASPiH Simulation Based Education (SBE) Standards Framework.
It provides a web-based, standardised Simulation Development template with single-click access of all resources required to deliver scenarios. Higher Education Institutions, Simulation Centres and Simulation Networks can all use iRIS to develop content privately or share content within their networks and with partner organisations.
Dr David Grant,
Chair, Bristol Medical Simulation Centre
Thanks to iRIS we have been able to achieve equity of access to high quality educational material whilst creating a system that allows educational governance, collaborative development of high quality educational material and sharing of resources. iRIS addresses the re-inventing the wheel phenomenon that often exists in the Simulation and Education community.
- Time and cost-saving simulation-based education for development of professional and quality assured course content.
- An intuitive software solution where course developers can author rapidly and efficiently together.
- Simple implementation with sharing options across networks or institutions for rapid course dissemination.
- A library of ready-to-use course content including all resources, faculty notes and manikin data.
- A secure online platform enabling best practice methodologies in simulation education
Develop high quality content
Increase author engagement
Reduce time spent training
Drive collaborative authoring
Create guidance for new authors
Map content to frameworks
TWM E8 is an experienced provider delivering transformation software solutions for both public and private sector for over 10 years. Established in 2013 as part of The Working Manager Group, our mission is to deliver better business performance through unique software applications that enable engagement, collaboration and process for exceptional value within key market sectors.
We offer two unique software solutions, EQuip and iRIS which provide solutions to answer client requirements with excellent value for money across global and dynamic growth markets:
- EQuip provides a widely accessible, real-time solution for capturing quality concerns, identifying trends, and then uniquely supporting multi-agency collaboration to develop quality improvements.
- iRIS is a unique simulation authoring tool. It is the only solution to support the Simulation standards developed by the Association for Simulation Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH) and Health Education England (HEE).
The Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH) is a not-for- profit membership Association comprising of members drawn from healthcare, education and patient safety backgrounds including researchers, learning technologists, workforce development or education managers, administrators, and healthcare staff and students.
The ASPiH Standards
ASPiH created the the SBE Standards to combine relevant best practice and published evidence in simulation-based education for all healthcare professionals with consideration of a number of existing quality assurance processes currently in use across the UK and around the world.
Phoenix House, Phoenix Way, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1QG
+44 (0) 1285 898 528